Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Merry Month of....June





I am trying hard to catch my breath this month.  It is such fabulous weather and everything is green, growing and busting out.  I just want to relax and enjoy but it is not to be. 
Where to begin?  Let's start with our new living room set.  The deal of the day.  We moved our living room furniture downstairs.  Change is in the air.  Our living room sat empty.  I looked for a new set and we found this ( refer to picture).  Earlier in the week, we moved a couch and loveseat to Dallin's house .  Easy peasy.  So we decided to save the $100 delivery and move the set ourselves.   Fast forward to the freeway as we merrily drive home but stop to secure the plastic coverings that were flapping.  I think I went in to shock as I discovered the loveseat was no where to be found.  I listened for the sirens that I thought for sure would follow as someone could not help but plow into the flying furniture.  We hoped back in the car to retrace our steps and found the loveseat just waiting for us at the side alley, tucked safely away from the fast moving cars.  Can you hear my relief?  We felt ever so blessed.  The loveseat will never be what it started out as that day, but that is okay.
Weddings, weddings, and more weddings.  We went to Magna for the reception of our niece's son.  It was a beautiful night.  Then we went to Brooke's house in Layton so that we could help them lay the sod for their house.

 Father's Day and our birthdays usually come all in one week.  Kim got me this bird feeder.  I visualized sitting in our back yard watching exotic birds flitting in and daintily picking up the seed.  Ha.   Ha Ha.
I got a few scenes of birds pecking each other, slopping the seed out of the cute little house and all over the patio, and the doves attacking the little birds to scare them off.  They cleaned the joint out in one day.  My sweet neighbor Lorraine in the picture below told me I didn't want a bird feeder.  I'm a believer.  
 Kim is getting a giant scone at the Heber Valley girl's camp.  We missed the four inches of snow they got on Tues. and the two bears that went running towards everyone on Wed. but we got lots of different versions of what happened and Navajo tacos!!  YUM.
 These are Kim's siblings.  See any family resemblance?  Not the squinting part.  We enjoyed being together at the Idaho Falls temple for Karen's daughter's wedding.    It was nice to see everyone.  It was a beautiful day.  We enjoyed going to the cemetery and homestead to hear some great memories from Kim about his family and Shelly, Idaho.

We always save the best for last.  This is our China boy and cute wife.  How we have missed them.  They are here.  Aren't those the nicest looking faces?  Did I say how much we have missed them.  It is a treat to just listen to them talk about anything.  No cutting out, no static, no shut down.  I can't wait for the rest of our gang to get here.  It will be as close to heaven as I will get.

No comments: