Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Kira--It's All About the Cake!

February 2012
My creative birthday cake for Kira and Brooke...trust me--it is very yummy!








Brooke and Kira have their birthdays one day apart.   Over the years, the cake of choice for both of them has been a German chocolate cake.  Last year, Kira wanted to make the cake.  It was quite beautiful.  This year, she conceded to let me make it since she has been at work most of the time.  Should we take a vote for the most beautiful cake?????  No, let's not.  However you can see that I have improved over the years with the pictures that follow.  My sisters and I laugh at my mom's cakes when we were little.   I think she quit making them and we took turns making each others.
Happy 16th birthday
 Happy 19th birthday Kira.  Notice how Dallin is trying to help her with the candles? 
Kira has been a great addition to our home.  She is usually happy and easy going.  She has developed many talents.  I was impressed when she was living with us after Tucson and gave a Relief Society lesson, at her pose and ability to teach.  I think she has a lot of great qualities that sometimes are overlooked because she is quiet.  She is very thoughtful and tries hard to think of everyone in our family and what she can do for them.  I remember telling Brooke and Kira over and over again that someday they would be glad that they had a sister ( when they were younger and sharing a room and were always mad at each other).  Moms are so wise.  It is great to see how beautiful and good they have both become and how much they love having a sister and love each other.  Happy Birthday Kira!  Love you. 




No comments: